ADD SOME STRENGTH® TO GET YOUR GROUP FITNESS STUDIO BOOMING
In today’s competitive marketplace, it’s essential for clubs and studios to offer something unique and effective, which consistently delivers results for all demographics – fast! This is why, fitness operators who are searching for a USP (unique selling point), need to look no further than Mark Moon’s STRENGTH® Full-Body Workout program.
This barbell-based program is forecast to be a game-changer because unlike other programs, STRENGTH® is flexible enough to ensure results for all walks of life. For example, you can create STRENGTH® classes specific to different demographics, such as:
- a high-intensity HIIT-style STRENGTH® class, ideal for regular exercisers
- a moderate intensity TBT-style STRENGTH® class, ideal for mums
- a low-intensity STRENGTH® class, ideal for seniors.The awesome thing about the STRENGTH® Full-Body Workout is that your members and clients can work to their own objectives and abilities, within the one workout. This means they’re not wasting precious energy or feeling frustrated from trying to stay choreographed or keep in time to music, as often occurs in a traditional aerobics class. Instead, STRENGTH® uses sets, reps and time frames, enabling instructors to set their own speed, and tailor the format to cater to the range of demographics within any one class. For example:
- Males could do 45 seconds of squats at a slow/heavy resistance; they may achieve 12 reps
- Females could do 45 seconds of squats at a faster/light resistance; they may achieve 20 reps
- Older adults could do 45 seconds or squats at a slow/light resistance; they may achieve 10 reps.There are not many workouts available where all of these people can achieve an individually tailored workout while standing side-by-side in the same class.
Benefits for Members
We all know that training needs to be changed on a regular basis, not only to ensure the continued development of physical strength but also for the evolution of resilience and mental strength too. Following the same workout formula for too long will eventually have a detrimental effect on your members’ results, as well as their posture and general ability to move. The training zones in STRENGTH® Full-Body Workout are designed to ensure that participants get to exercise all parts of the body, through multiple modalities and from workout to workout.
Benefits for Instructors
The industry knows that choreography is extremely time-consuming, especially when it’s set to music that contains bridges or uses an uneven format. For this reason, all the music used in STRENGTH® Full-Body Workout is completely bridge-free, and the program is designed on a progressive loading format that uses sets, reps and timeframes as the basis of the workout. Essentially STRENGTH® instructors only have four things to learn:
- Mobility drills: 5 to 6 drills/movements
- Endurance zone: 4 to 5 exercises, repeated 3 times
- Strength zone: 2 to 3 exercises, repeated 3 to 4 times
- AMRAP: 2 to 3 exercises, repeated 2 to 3 times in a 15, 30 or 45-second timeframe.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Mark Moon has over 20 years’ industry experience, teaching a variety of workout styles from freestyle to pre-choreographed. From 2005 to 2010 Mark was the National Training Manager, Master Trainer and a Program Designer for Radical Fitness. During this time Mark was mentored by some of the country’s leading fitness educators in the group fitness space.
Since 2010 Mark has put this experience to use, developing his own brand, fitness programs, and media profile. Mark has contributed to numerous magazines as a health and fitness expert, and his workouts are taught in group fitness studios and delivered via several online platforms, including Jillian Michaels’ FITFUSION.
To find out more:
- Web: www.markmoonfitness.com/clubs
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/markmoonfitcoach
- Instagram: @markmoon_fitcoach